Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Branding your business on social media sites

I have a client (a most excellent electrician) for whom I handle bookkeeping and other assorted tasks. He's been thinking about “dipping his toes” into social media - mostly on his own. I suggested to him that if he does not feel comfortable with a photo to ID himself, then a picture would work too. Lots of people use logos if they have them and if not then a picture which could relate to his identify and that people would recognize as they continue to see posts from him on various platforms.

Of course my ultimate goal is to give him a real presence but for now I wait in the wings while cheering him on in his efforts.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Those of you who specialize in this niche what have you done or not as the case may be, while you watch some of your contacts in this same situation. They have budget challenges of course and some of them just want to know how to do it themselves… they see it as a new challenge.

I feel that as the pressure of their every day business grows, they will slack off or hopefully go the other way – seeing the value of using a VA to assist with social media and things like branding and continued posts of information relative to their business. We all know that social media will keep them on the top of the minds of their contacts whenever an opportunity presents itself for a referral.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest, when I talk about the benefits and the inexpense of social media, when my owners know the hourly dollar value of their time, it's a no-brainer for them to choose me to handle their social media. It doesn't always happen immediately but when you've established yourself as a resource and an expert, they will come to you, as your owner has done, for guidance and this will open the door (sometimes slowly) for you to help them with your expertise. I know some VAs who create bundle packages or flat rates (I don't do this myself) that can help owners get started or get comfortable. Good luck to you and your business owner!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs Facebook application